Digital marketing trends change often, but it’s your job to keep up with those changes as they occur.
Running an online business is only different in that it is being run online, but the work it takes behind the scenes is a real, everyday occurrence. It takes commitment, hard work, and consistent actions to make it work.
A part of that consistent action is researching, analyzing and testing out various marketing methods to find out what works, and getting rid of what doesn’t work.
What have you tried that does work?
What do you see changing?
Furthermore, is your market changing?
These are all important questions to ask if you want to stay ahead of the game and be successful with marketing your business online. There are numerous pieces of the puzzle that you must put together if you want to make your business a success.
Today, this article is going to explain to you more about the digital marketing trends that have been changing, and what you can expect to continue to change and work better in the New Year!
What Digital Marketing Trends Have Changed?
Okay, so you want to learn more about what is happening in the digital world, but most importantly, you want to know how you can build your business to be more effective online, right?
Here are some of the digital marketing trends we were talking about last year in the online marketing community, and what we made a big push for.
- Social media engagement. You can post all you want on social media, but getting true engagement from those who follow you is what you want most. Get people talking, and open up that conversation about you do and how you can help people solve their problems. What is your niche market? Do you know everything about your niche market? How can you best help those in your niche market? This is still the very foundation that you will build your business on. Don’t make the mistake of speaking to your audience when you update your social media, as well as the content you share. Always share valuable content that will attract more of the folks you want, and use that content that will get your followers talking back to you.
- Video marketing. Making videos will allow your audience to see the real you. If you aren’t making videos, you are missing an important piece of the puzzle for your marketing campaign. Show your face, and let others hear your voice. The more exposure you can get the better off you will be. Don’t make videos that are animated to deliver a message or videos that have audio of you. Those are okay sometimes, but allow people to see you so that they can relate to you on every level.
- Content marketing will NEVER die. Content is always king, and it’s so important that you deliver on a consistent basis. There is nothing worse than lacking content or lacking to provide really valuable content. Your content delivery can be written, audio, video, and you can even write eBooks. Constantly get your name in front of people, and the more you do the more you’ll show up. It’s the action of producing high-quality content that gets traffic, engagement, and more sales.
- Mobile, mobile, mobile! Everyone has a mobile phone, and if they don’t, they are most likely not running a business or staying in touch with the world. (That’s a fact). Marketing via mobile is smart, and it will ensure that you get in front of lots of faces. Don’t make the mistake of believing that folks are always on their PC to view content. This is not the case at all. Not only should your site and your blog be responsive in terms of layout, but you should also consider marketing with SMS, as well as creating an app that your customers can use. It’s practical and above all, it’s useful.
- Social media newsfeeds still reign. Social media continues to change, and the use of algorithms is even more popular. However keep in mind that what you see in your newsfeed will be based upon the content you like. This means that you should only really be seeing what you are interested in and genuinely look at on a consistent basis. Likewise, if you chat with someone on a regular basis you’ll see their updates in your newsfeed.
There are still questions about trends and how they will play out, and some are still up in the air. Like SEO; what will become of it? Voice search has been a big deal this year, but does that affect anything?
We aren’t 100% sure on that one yet, but in the meantime, focus on what is working. If you have success with any marketing method, continue to repeat that as you try new things.
The fun of marketing online is that it never gets dull. It is part of your dedication to your business to stay on top of these digital marketing trends, so that you know where to allocate your marketing dollars.