Have you been looking for a list of foods that fight cancer? While cancer is a disease that can ravage the body, it’s important that you understand how the body can be healed from the inside out.
This information is not intended to cure or treat cancer of any kind, but you should know what research has to say about healing foods, and how some foods are rich in nutrients to help ward off cancer cells, or at the very least give you better quality of life.
Today, I am going to share a list of 5 foods that fight cancer, so that you can feel better, and treat this horrid disease before it damages your body for life.
Healthy Foods that Fight Cancer
Just to be clear, this article isn’t necessarily about the foods you should eat once you have been diagnosed with cancer, but this list of foods that fight cancer is important for you to have to help you ward off cancer.
The American Cancer Society does make recommendations for eating healthy, but most societies do. However, it’s important that you learn more about these foods and what is in them that gives you a good chance at warding off this horrible disease.
1. Garlic. You may think that garlic is pungent, but it’s super healthy for you. Garlic is frequently added into Italian dishes, and it adds tons of flavor. Research has shown that those who eat garlic are less likely to develop cancer of the esophagus, colon, and the stomach. You can add cloves of garlic to a roast, pasta sauce, and much more.
2. Berries. Berries are “berry healthy”. Strawberries, blueberries, and even raspberries are all good for you. Berries are healthy because they are loaded with antioxidants and compounds that ward off cancer. They are also negative calorie berries. Enjoy them liberally.
3. Tomatoes. You may believe that these are only good in salads, but you should know that tomatoes can just be sliced and eaten as a side dish too! Lycopene is an antioxidant that is found in tomatoes, and it’s easily absorbed when added to sauces and juices.
4. Cruciferous vegetables. These are my favorite to talk about, because the term itself is evident by the cross at the bottom of the stem. It’s interesting that these vegetables fight cancer with the cross! Broccoli and Cauliflower are two of my favorites.
5. Green tea. Ahhhh, it’s time to talk about beverages too. Green tea is super high in antioxidants, and it’s important that you sip a few cups per day to give you that edge in fighting free radicals. The catechins in this tea will fight off free radicals and help repair the damage that has already been done.
Food can be your medicine, so don’t delay in making some changes. Health starts in your kitchen. You can start today by eating these 5 foods that that fight cancer.