Blogging is without a doubt one of the greatest marketing tools you’ll ever use, but the greatest challenge is finding out how to get your readers to connect with you.
There are multiple channels that you can use today to connect with your audience, but most importantly, you want to make sure that your readers are connecting with you on a more meaningful level.
Business may often feel, or appear to be complex, but by its very nature it isn’t all that hard to figure out. In fact, building meaningful and deeper relationships with people will still be the most important thing you can do, but there is plenty to be done when it comes to getting your business up and running.
Today, I want to touch on some important aspects of your business, which revolve around how to get your readers to connect with you on a more personal level, and ultimately become your ideal customer.
Get Your Readers to Connect with You and Make Them Hungry for More
When you market your business online, you want to offer great resources and information to your readers. Building relationships happens when you give others a thirst for knowledge, and when you can play a part in giving them that knowledge.
How can your readers get to know you better and find out more about who you are and what you do?
- Create a landing page for full-service website. I ALWAYS refer to a full service website as a way to get your readers to connect with you and make them hungry for more. Your website should showcase more about you and what you do, but more so about how you can help them solve their problem. A landing page is a great place to start until you have had the time or the money to pay a developer to do so. There are several tools and services out there to help you create landing pages quickly, but always research free templates if you absolutely have no marketing budget to start with. You have to make it a priority to get your readers to connect with you.
- Create a Facebook page. Social media is a great way to connect with others, and Facebook is generally the first channel that most people use to get their face out there along with their mission, vision and message. If you have created a product, written a book, or something more, make sure that you let people know about it. You can share images and much more on Facebook and other various social channels. Let the world know you’re out there and let your audience know the WHY behind your creation and motivation.
- Get connected through Twitter. Whether or not you realize this, there are tons of resources popping up for promoting books. Many of the top ones are utilized via Twitter. There are groups that send out tweets to promote books, and some cost may be associated with it. You can visit websites like BookTweeters.com, www.TweetYourBooks.com, or even www.thebookpromoter.com. What do you have to lose just for checking it out? If you don’t have a book, start with a short one to get started. You can build a series from there as you gain more ideas.
- Feed them and they will come. Okay, so feeding people is awesome right? I like to eat, so it seems to me that if you focus on feeding people they will come to you. You may not be able to get everyone to eat from your hand, but you sure will get a crowd going right? Most buyers, at least the smart buyers aren’t going to buy the first time they see or hear about your product. Most folks need to see your product at least 20 times before they make a decision. This lends credence to the fact that you need to get yourself out there for all to see. Get your product out there and keep the positive messages flowing about how it will help individuals with what they are doing. Feed your niche market and you’ll become the winner every, single, time.
- Contesting! Wait, what? Did you know that running contests is a great way to attract your perfect customer and get them wanting more? Contesting keeps customers engaged, and it’s a great way to promote what you are rolling out next. If you have written a book, give it away for free for a specified number of days, and you’ll entice your readers. Give them something to talk about, and they will begin sharing your information with others. It’s a great way to grow a list for future products and endeavors.
Get Your Readers to Connect with You via Email Marketing
All of the above systems and processes, and even social channels, have made it possible for you to create something amazing and market it. It’s difficult to say what your level of success will be. If it’s YOUR business, then it’s all about what you put into it, right?
There are many ways to look at setting up your online business, but it can be overwhelming. The tips above are a great place to start. Don’t be fooled into thinking that starting an online business can be done in just 5 minutes. Creating and growing something worthwhile is a big deal. Especially if you want to generate income long-term.
Email marketing takes some work upfront to get it started, but creating emails that feed and nurture your customers is important. You want to keep them informed, and you want them to talk to you. Remember, it’s all about them!
Encourage your readers to subscribe. If you want to make a powerful impact on your readers for the long-term, get your readers to connect with you via email marketing.
Make Today Count