Did you know that you can learn how to eat healthy during the holidays? Eating healthy isn’t always easy, and the holiday season brings even more challenges with your diet.
You can overcome!
While your friends and family may not be the most supportive, with heavy desserts and decadent side dishes, you can take back some control.
Today, I’ll tell you how you can eat healthy at Christmas parties and other festive gatherings. You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to change your diet and make it a choice for your lifestyle.
Implement How to Eat Healthy During the Holidays
Eating healthy when eating out is challenging, but eating healthy during the holiday season is even more challenging.
How can you make healthier choices without starving yourself? Here are some tips on how to eat healthy during the holidays.
1. Take your own food. You can still enjoy tons of traditional fare while making it healthier. You can find healthy ways to make sweet potatoes, green beans, and more. (Yes, even dessert!)
2. Enjoy broth based soups. Soup is common during the winter months, and I know several individuals that use it as a starter at their holiday table. If you enjoy a bowl of soup prior to the main course, you’ll be less likely to eat heavy. Enjoy the flavors without overeating and binging.
3. Choose to stay far from the goodies. There are tons of goodies all around at parties, and you’re hard-pressed to find a table that is more than an arm’s length away. Stay as far away from the table as you can! Focus on making your way around the room for social reasons, and be more inclined to greet people than eat sweets and snacks.
4. Chew your food, it’s not going anywhere. Have you ever felt like gorging to the point where you ate so fast, it made others think that the food was trying to get away from you? Don’t let this happen to you! Chew your food and enjoy it. It’s also safer to chew your food, so you can swallow it without choking. It’s amazing that some folks can inhale food without ever chewing it. Take your time, the food isn’t going to get up and run off of your table.
5. Stay away from the mall. The mall is one of the most dangerous places you can go during the holidays. Don’t go to the mall on a regular basis. You’ll find that you’re better off to go to the park and walk, or better yet, try to eat before you go. The treats and kiosks that are there with gourmet treats are really tempting.
There is a lot to think about when it comes to getting healthy and staying healthy during the holidays. Don’t let food be what dictates your holiday season.
How to Eat Healthy During the Holidays with High Blood Sugar
Eating healthy during the holidays is a big enough challenge, but it’s even more difficult for those who have high blood sugar.
Focus on treats that contain spices and herbs, and remember that all things in moderation is wise. Don’t let the holidays ruin your blood sugar.
Your blood sugar is everything, and when it’s high, you can’t think properly and you’ll begin to gain weight.
There are plenty of things you can do make sure you stay in good health. If you can learn how to eat healthy during the holidays, you’ll be able to remain in good health for years to come.
EAT UP stay healthy
Make Today Count