There are tons of exercises you can do while watching TV rather than buying an expensive membership to the gym. Even if you’ve been a member of a gym you’re whole life, you’ll discover that working out at home can be just as beneficial.
A membership isn’t what makes you fit, but rather your discipline. This is why working out at home is just as effective as working out at the gym. It’s all about your discipline and your faithfulness in keeping up with your workouts and tracking your progress.
Here are 6 exercises you can do while watching TV, and you’ll save a bundle by NOT going to the gym!
- Curtsy Squat for the Ladies. Squats aren’t just for guys, but hey gents, you can do them too. You’ll start in a standing position, with your feet about hip width apart. Bring one leg behind you as if you are going to do a curtsy. Then squat down, as low as you can go. Then, you’ll go back up. You can do reps or you can do by seconds. Reps are what I like. J
- Push-ups. You can do these any way you wish, because you may need to modify them. A great one is walk-out push-ups because they are the most challenging. You start out standing, bend at the waist to touch your toes, and then you’ll walk down into a push-up. You’ll then go back up to the touching your toes position, and then you’ll stand.
- V-Crunch or variation. Crunches may not feel simple but they are in nature. However, if you are ready to kick it up a notch, try a v-crunch. This means that you’ll take a ball and hold it in your hands. Start by lying flat on the floor with your arms above your head. Hold a ball in your hands, and start moving into a crunch position while holding the ball straight up in the air as you move your legs up into the air as well. You’ll move your body into a v as you crunch those abs. Feel the burn! J
- Downward dog movement. While you aren’t doing this during a yoga workout, you can do this to work those abs and stretch out your back. Get on your knees into the downward dog position, and as you exhale push your back up while drawing your abs in. Squeeze them tight as you can while rounding your back. Then you’ll move into the true downward dog position as you inhale. Then repeat. You’ll feel the stretch and work those abs at the same time.
- Dumbbell press. Even if you don’t have a weight bench, you can still use dumbbells at a weight that you’re comfortable with.Start out with 2 pounds if you have to, and slowly work your way up. You’ll lay flat on the floor with the dumbbells in your hand. As you exhale, push the dumbbells up. As you inhale, bring them back down to your chest.
- Everyone wants to look good from the rear! Lunges are a great way to solve that problem. You’ll start in a standing position, and then step out in front with your right or left foot. Keep your back leg right where it’s at, and lung without touching the floor. Stay in that position for a few seconds and then go back into a standing position.
These exercises are great, and you can do them right in the comfort of your own home. Start out today doing these 6 exercises you can while watching TV, and you’ll look and feel great without breaking the bank!
P.S. CLICK HERE see what some of my friends are doing to get there workout on from home.